Smart and Skilled is a NSW Government initiative, which provides subsidised training to eligible students who live or work in New South Wales.
If you are eligible for a subsidised training place under Smart and Skilled, the NSW Government will pay most of your course fees, however you will still be required to make a small contribution. The size of your contribution is calculated based on several factors, such as whether you have previously completed a formal qualification.
In some cases, you may be entitled to a concession place (where you pay a reduced fee) or a fee exemption (where you pay no fee).
For more detailed information about Smart and Skilled, please view our pre-enrolment information booklet:
Smart and Skilled
We have been approved to deliver the following programs under the Smart and Skilled Target Priority program and the Smart and Skilled New Entrant Trainee program:
Health and Community
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)*
- Certificate IV in Business – for Practice Managers
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management – for Practice Managers
- Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting
- Diploma of Community Services
Government and Procurement
Leadership and Management
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management*
* Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) is only available under the New Entrant Traineeship program. Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is only available under the Targeted Priority stream.
Targeted Priority program
The Targeted Priority program provides eligible students with the opportunity to enrol in an approved qualification as a regular student.
New Entrant Traineeship program
The New Entrant Traineeship program provides you with the opportunity to learn new skills and gain a formal qualification that relate to your job.
Generally speaking, the program is available to Australians who have been in a new full time role for 3- months or a part time role for 12-months, however specific eligibility criteria can get quite complex so please contact our Course Advisors to find out more.
Fee Free Traineeships
Fee free traineeships are available to NSW trainees under Smart and Skilled from 1 January 2020. Please contact us or visit the NSW Government for more information:
- NSW Government – Fee Free Traineeships
To be eligible for Smart and Skilled funding you must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen and 15 years old or over and no longer at school and living or working in NSW.
Visit Smart and Skilled to learn more about eligibility:
- Smart and Skilled – Eligibility
Contact our friendly Course Advisors to discuss our Smart and Skilled courses and qualifications.