10488NAT: Diploma of Professional Practice Leadership
This qualification is suited to principals or experienced practice managers with a wide range of business responsibilities working in a medical practice. This qualification is designed to meet the needs of practice managers with responsibility for shaping the future direction of their practice. The focus is on developing strategic skills and actively managing staff to maximise their performance.
Entry is open to all applicants with a suitable level of workplace responsibility allowing sufficient opportunity to demonstrate competency through completion of tasks related to their job role.
- Individual students (online/webinars)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations
The estimated time to complete the course is 15 hours per week over a 12 month study period comprising on-the-job learning, workplace practice, self-directed study and assessment preparation. This estimate is based on AQF guidelines and will vary according to student experience and current practice.
On successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to:
- understand the importance of a business vision and goals and use these to set the direction of the practice
- embrace the key functions of risk management and compliance in a 21st century practice
- prepare budgets and analyse financial performance
- determine client/patient needs, and monitor practice performance by applying continuous improvement processes
- understand personal leadership styles and how to apply the principles of leadership in the practice
- manage knowledge systems and flows within the practice
- develop a business plan for the practice.
The attainment of the Diploma of Professional Practice Leadership will allow for articulation into higher awards including Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, as well as a number of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the UNE Business School.
Graduates meet the qualifications requirements for Certified Practice Manager status with the Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM) and AAPM members can claim 125 CPD points upon successful completion of this qualification.
Diploma of Professional Practice Leadership = $4,400 AUD
- Payment plans are available for this qualification.
Please contact us today for more information!
Students must complete 12 units of competency:
|BSBRSK401A||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
|BSBCOM501B||Identify and interpret compliance requirements|
|FNSCUS502A||Monitor client requirements|
|FNSCUS503A||Review business performance|
|BSBMGT516C||Facilitate continuous improvement|
|FNSORG501A||Develop and manage a budget|
|BSBHRM405A||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
|BSBWOR402A||Promote team effectiveness|
|BSBMGT502B||Manage people performance|
|BSBMGT605B||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|HLTCOM503D||Manage a practice|
|BSBINM501A||Manage an information or knowledge management system|
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|