HLT47715: Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting
This qualification provides students with the skills and knowledge to become formally trained Medical Assistants. Medical Assistants work under either the direct or indirect supervision of a medical practitioner and carry out a range of delegated tasks that include front desk administrative work and the performance of instructed treatment room care.
Medical Assistants are highly valued multi-skilled team members of the Medical Practice, formally trained to perform a wide range of admin tasks and front desk duties as well as assisting with a wide range of treatment room procedures.
Applicants must be working in a reception or administration role in a general practice or other ambulatory health care setting or have access to an appropriate workplace environment within the health care sector, and;
- have a suitable level of workplace support*
- commit to attending face to face training sessions amounting to 21 hours in each term
* Each student must provide a nominated workplace clinical supervisor (doctor or Registered Nurse) and an administration supervisor (Practice Manager or immediate supervisor) who have committed to assist the student to achieve their learning objectives and supervise the student’s progress in the workplace.
- Blended delivery including workshops, webinars, workplace observation and online study
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations
The course is delivered in four study terms over 15 months with 21 hours of face to face training in each term. Attendance is compulsory and forms part of the assessment requirements.
The estimated time to complete this course is 12 hours per week over a 15 month study period comprising on-the-job learning, workplace practice, face to face workshops, selfdirected study and assessment preparation. This estimate is based on AQF guidelines and will vary according to student experience and current practice.
On successful completion of this course, graduates will have the skills to:
- assist in the performance of delegated tasks within the clinic
- contribute to the efficient running of both front and back of house, including the preparation, processing and maintenance of patient records
- support health professionals with patient care
- help to create a safe and efficient work environment within the practice
- join in the facilitation of co-ordinated patient care
The Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting provides a pathway into higher level Health Services qualifications, such as the Diploma of Professional Practice Leadership or the Diploma of Nursing.
Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting = $5,600 AUD
- Payment plans are available for this qualification.
- Government funding and incentives may be available in your state.
Please contact us today for more information!
Students must complete 23 units of competency.
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|HLTAAP002||Confirm physical health status|
|HLTAID008||Manage first aid services and resources|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|HLTINF002||Process reusable medical devices and equipment|
|HLTHPS002||Support health professional in the delivery of care|
|HLTHPS005||Handle medical specimens|
|HLTHPS003||Maintain medication stocks|
|HLTCAR001||Perform electrocardiography (ECG)|
|BSBINM401||Implement workplace information system|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|HLTHPS001||Take clinical measurements|
|HLTAID006||Provide advanced first aid|
|BSBFLM309||Support continuous improvement systems and processes|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
|HLTADM003||Facilitate a coordinated approach to client care|
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|CertIV MPA Western Sydney [Dec17]||22/11/2017||30/06/2019||$0.00|
|CertIV MPA Wollongong [Dec17]||22/11/2017||30/06/2019||$9,500.00|
|CertIV MPA Blue Mountains [Dec17]||22/11/2017||30/06/2019||$9,500.00|
|Skill Set 5 - Fundamentals of medical assisting 1711FFS||29/11/2017||$1,995.00|